Wills and Probate

talk to us: 01278 456 621

Deputyship Helping someone make legal decisions

You may want to assist someone that does not have sufficient mental capacity to understand legal documents or make their own welfare decisions, and to help them with their financial and other affairs. It might be a relative or close friend such as a vulnerable adult with learning difficulties or mental health problems, or an elderly relative with dementia.

We can help you to obtain an Assessment of that person’s Capacity from his or her medical practitioner, prepare court papers and secure a Deputyship Order in the Court of Protection, which will allow you to lawfully take actions on that person’s behalf.

Relevant to you if:

  • You are caring for a relative or friend that can no longer make decisions for themselves
  • You are worried that a friend or relative has lost decision making capacity
  • You want to lawfully assist a relative or friend who cannot assist themselves